What is an Enrolled Agent

Why Use an Enrolled Agent for Your Taxes?

EAs are experts in tax planning and can help ensure you don’t pay too much or risk an audit.

EAs hold the highest credential the IRS awards

EAs are licensed by the federal government and can represent taxpayers before the IRS

EAs prepare returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and other tax entities.

How Can an Enrolled Agent Help YOU?

EAs are federally-licensed tax practitioners who specialize in tax preparation and have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service.

If you get a letter from the IRS, or worse, are audited or are the target of a collection action, your EA can speak directly to the IRS on your behalf.

EAs are trained in a wide variety of common and unusual tax situations. With the tax laws changing yearly,

it’s more critical than ever to have a qualified tax specialist on your side when preparing your tax and financial strategy.

The Enrolled Agent license is the highest credential the IRS issues. Be confident about your tax return – use an Enrolled Agent.

Enrolled Agents are America’s Tax Experts

Enrolled Agents (EAs) must pass a comprehensive exam that requires them to demonstrate proficiency in federal tax planning,

individual and business tax return preparation, and representation.

The only other way to become an EA is to be employed by the IRS for minimum of five years, regularly interpreting and applying the provisions of Internal Revenue Code and Regulations.

EAs must complete 72 hours of continuing education specifically on taxation every three years.

Enrolled Agents Can and Will Represent Clients Before the IRS

EAs have unlimited representation rights before the IRS at all administrative levels. They can represent their clients on any matter, regardless of who prepared the tax return.

Many EAs have completed specialized and intensive programs in representing taxpayers who have not filed, are under audit, or are having difficulty paying their tax bills.

The best part is, with an Enrolled Agent representing you, you don’t have to go to the IRS at all!

When you need a true tax professional, see an Enrolled Agent.

What are the Differences Between EAs and other Tax Professionals?

Only EAs are required to demonstrate to the Internal Revenue Service their competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer before the IRS.

Unlike attorneys and CPAs, who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all EAs specialize in matters of taxation.

EAs are also the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice from the United States government.

(CPAs and attorneys are licensed by the states.)